At Heritage Mortgage, we are always looking for new people to join our team. Check the list below for available positions. Have a question? Call (256) 258-7528 for more information! Apply today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mortgage Loan Processor
Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 6 months – 1 year of general work experience.
*Experience with Calyx-Point Mortgage software is helpful (but not required).
The ideal candidate:
- Works well, giving our clients and team members the utmost respect and patience.
- Obtains necessary information (i.e., loan applications, credit documents, ordering appraisals and title, VOE, VOL, VOR, VOD, etc.) from potential borrowers to process and complete mortgage loan files.
- Requires, per policy and procedures, the verification of all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures that all potential client documents are correctly (and privately) prepared and finalized in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provides management with reports of loan activities.
- Possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Typically reports to a supervisor.
This position is salary-based with potential for quarterly bonus.
Mortgage Loan Originator
*Position requires registration with the national Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
*Experience with Calyx Point mortgage software is helpful (but not required).
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2-3 years of prior Mortgage Loan Originator experience.
- Understands the guidelines and regulations of secondary products (FNMA, FM, USDA, VA FHA).
- Must be able to multi-task priorities, meet deadlines with good written, verbal and organizational skills, and have face-to-face/phone skills while gathering personal information from applicants.
- Must at all times maintain a professional image and adhere to standards consistent with company policy and procedures while representing Heritage Mortgage.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation for daily travel within the area.
- Promotes Heritage Mortgage products to their client base of affiliated agents, realtors, builders, bank/credit union referrals, past clients, etc. under the direction of their supervisor.
- Upon receiving an application, the MLO analyzes credit, income, assets, debt, etc., for determination of the best product preliminary approval for that borrower.
- Monitors overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
- Originators within 90 days are expected to meet the company’s minimum production standards while completing accurate loan applications per Heritage Mortgage set guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with our affiliated builder and their customers by visiting sales agents in their subdivisions or elsewhere, including (but not limited to) normal and after normal work hours along with weekend contact for any potential applicant.
This position is salary-based with additional commission.